We welcome applicants with international experience, or a desire to acquire it, who have looked through this web site and feel that they could enjoy making their contribution to a growing, purposeful school in the beautiful and fascinating city of Leipzig.
You would join nearly 200 colleagues, on two campuses, who form a talented international community of teachers from all over the world - and who are fortunate enough to teach children and older students who have a genuine appetite for learning.
Please scroll down to find details of the application process.
Dr Antje Niven
Human Resources Manager
How to Apply?
Please note that for teaching positions we will only consider applications from those who hold a relevant teaching qualification, licence or credential. We particularly value candidates with experience in the teaching programmes we follow (as described on this site), but such experience is not a pre-requisite.
You should submit your application online only. Our online application tool is very easy to use and only a few entries are required. Please click here for a short manual.
Please prepare the documents for upload in the application tool as listed below:
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate, why you are interested in this particular position, and if applicable your teaching philosophy and/or approach to leadership
- A current CV: This should include a clear statement of your qualifications for the post, the contact details of two or three referees including the person to whom you currently report, and an outline of your main responsibilities during recent employment.
Note: Please upload your application documents as one file to ‘Letter of Application’. Alternatively – upload your files separately to the links concerned. Please make sure to click ‘save’ and send your records in order to complete the online application process.
Upload with max. 20 MB per file. Allowed file types: jpeg, png, gif, pdf.
Review of applications will begin as soon as applications are submitted.
As part of our commitment to child safeguarding, Leipzig International School conducts background checks on all successful candidates.
How do we Interview?
- The first round will frequently be via Skype (therefore, please include your skype contact details in your application)
- Local applicants or short-listed candidates will be interviewed face to face in Leipzig.
- At recruitment fairs, interviews are face to face, usually with two members of our management team.
Details concerning salaries, police checks, relocation, transport, insurance and so on, will be discussed at interview. Should you have further questions about the application process itself, please contact our Human Resources Manager.
Dr Antje Niven
T: +49 341 39377 630
F: +49 341 39377 555
Please be aware that LIS accepts job applications only through our online application portal (see link below each advertisement).
For other inquiries please
send an email.
Open Positions Administrative
Open Positions International Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Educator (m/f/d) ( 20LE004)
- Kindergarten Erzieher (m/w/d) (20LE004)
- Kindergarten - On the Job Trainee for state recognized Educator (m/f/d) / Berufsbegleitende Ausbildung zum staatliche anerkannte Erzieher (m/w/d) (20LTR001)
- Kindergarten - Assistant Principal for Pastoral (m/f/d) as Leave Cover (20LA001)
- Kindergarten Art Educator / Floater (m/f/d) (20LE003)
Open Positions Primary School
Open Positions Secondary School
- Secondary School Counsellor / Social Pedagogue (m/f/d) (20SA001)
- Secondary Teacher of Mathematics & ICT (m/f/d) (20ST002)
- Secondary Assistant Principal Middle School (m/f/d) - as leave cover - internal applicants only (20SA002)
- Secondary Teacher of Social Studies / History (m/f/d) – as leave cover – (20ST003)
- Secondary Teacher of German and/or German as Additional Language (m/f/d) (20ST004)