Visual Arts Studio Assistant (m/f/d) – Part-time (Minijob) (21SA001)
"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED. Please not hand in further applications."
Job Start: 01 August 2021
Location: Leipzig International School, Könneritzstraße 47, 04229 Leipzig, Germany
Contract: part-time contract (Minijob, up to 10 hours per week), initially time limited for one year
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a Visual Arts Studio Assistant as of 01 August 2021 to join the Secondary School Visual Arts department.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare the set-up for practical lessons according to teacher requests
- Clean-up after practical lessons according to teacher requests
- Demonstrate practical procedures
- Assist students’ research, plan and produce art pieces
- Mount, frame, display art works for exhibitions
- Assist in setting-up exhibitions
- Maintain and operate standard equipment and materials
- Ensure the studio is well-stocked and resourced
- Organise studio equipment and resources systematically
- Clean equipment and facilities,
- Dispose of past art objects and other waste as required
- Follow and ensure health and safety procedures and safety checks
- Contribute to the work of the Art department as a whole
The ideal candidate will have:
- Visual arts knowledge and studio maintenance skills
- The ability to use art materials and equipment with accuracy
- The ability to maintain equipment
- Time management skills in order to work on several projects at the same time
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of different teachers
- Experience in preparing and setting-up art exhibitions
- Experience in participating in visual arts critiques
- Attention to detail and able to work independently
- Willingness and ability to learn
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Confidence in demonstrating visual arts making techniques and processes
- Patience and be kind and caring with students
- A degree (or working towards a degree) in Visual Arts or related discipline
- Having confidence in your own drawing skills and being experienced in the process of art making from developmental planning to exhibition.
- Having experience with traditional 2D and printmaking techniques, simple 3D processes, basic lens based and digital technology
- Being fluent in English (the language of instruction of Visual Arts)
What working at LIS is about:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of Visual Arts Department
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the city of Leipzig, known for its vibrant, accessible, and growing arts community
The LIS strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our online application tool.
"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED"
Back to list