On the Job Trainee for state recognized Educator in Hort (m/f/d) / Berufsbegleitende Ausbildung zum staatliche anerkannte Erzieher am Hort (m/w/d) (21HTR001)
Job Start: 01 August 2021 or later
Location: Hort der Leipzig International School, Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Initial 1 year full-time trainee contract (60% practice and 40% schooling). In second year option to extend to a part-time Social Assistant contract while continuing the training.
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our After School Programme (Hort) provides students with opportunities beyond the regular school day. Educators in Hort focus on children’s social, behavioral, physical and emotional learning during open Hort hours, in the classrooms, and during school holidays. We place value on the interaction between the child and the adult within our learning environments to promote independence, confidence and initiative-taking in children. The conceptual background of our work is informed by the International Primary Curriculum and Saxony’s Learning Curriculum (Bildungsplan) for children.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world?
If you are a joyful, flexible person who loves interacting with children and providing them with a stimulating environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities for 60% practical working time will be:
- Care for children in Grades 1 - 5 during core Hort times and breaks
- Collaborating with Hort team members and teachers of the Primary School to deliver a concept-based, stimulating learning environment
- Work together with your Hort colleagues to plan, co-lead and evaluate projects and programmes
- Engage with your colleagues in conceptual work leading into a larger Hort concept
- Collaborate closely with classroom teachers, providing assistance and support for students during class
- Interact with children, providing guidance, dialogue, and opportunities for thought, action and reflection
- Observe and document the learning taking place in both structured and non-structured learning environments
For 40% of your contract, you will attend courses to complete your Educator training. The completion is expected after 3 years.
Your profile includes:
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Strong collaboration and team work skills
- Enthusiasm and personal commitment to your job
- Strong communication and time management skills
- International and growth mindsets
- Experience abroad is an advantage
- State-approved Social Assistant (staatlich anerkannte/r Sozialassistent/in), or a comparable education / experience
- Fluency in written and verbal English and German
What we offer:
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good education and learning practices
- The ability to diversify your educator profile as either a nursery group educator, an early year’s educator, or a floater
- A substantial preparation time contingency
- 30 days annual paid vacation (based on 5-day working week)
- A flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- Excellent resources and a modern purpose-build facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
- The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The LIS strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The advert will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our application tool.
Back to list