Drop-Off and Pick-Up at LIS (Könneritz Campus)
Counting only the children, students and employees who come to LIS each morning, over one thousand persons arrive at LIS daily. Of course this number is increased measurably by the parents who are bringing their children to school. This density of traffic can be managed only if we all adhere to the same traffic rules and have similar expectations.
Kiss & Go
The Kiss & Go area was designed to allow a steady, slow flow of traffic onto the school grounds to solve the problem of congestion in the Könneritzstraße that occurred previously.
Given the constraints of our city location this is an efficient and practical solution.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using the Kiss & Go area:
- Do not turn off your engine.
- Do not leave your car.
- Do drive on and vacate the spot for the car behind you as soon as possible.
- Do turn right when you exit the Kiss & Go area (if you need to travel away from the city down Könneritzstraße, just drive around the block through one of the side streets).
- Do park in a neighbouring side street and walk to school if you need to accompany your child into the building.
There has been some confusion about the best way to access the Kiss & Go area when coming from the direction of the city center. As turning left onto the school grounds is not permitted according to traffic regulations, we recommend driving down the Holbeinstraße and into Industriestraße to access the Kiss & Go entrance safely (as shown in the diagram below).
- As laid out by German ordinance are to be observed at all times.
- Pavements are designated for foot traffic. There should never be cars on the sidewalks.
- Pedestrians have the right of way. Car traffic must stop for foot traffic.
- Signs and markings regulating traffic are to be obeyed at all times.
- It is not acceptable to hinder car and tram traffic by stopping the travel lane.