Controller (m/f/d) - as leave cover (20AA001)
Job Start: 01 April 2020 or 01 May 2020
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full time (40 hours per week), time-limited contract of employment until 31 July 2021
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Controller (m/f/d) starting in 01 April 2020 or 01 May 2020.
The focus of this position is to implement and improve the financial and business control processes and systems of the school in order to generate accurate and timely financial and business reporting, forecasts and plans. The Financial Controller plays an important role as discussion partner to all stakeholders of the school, such as teachers, educators, support staff and the management team who need support on improved processes and/or increased insights using tools of planning, reporting and analysis.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as the right hand of the Commercial Director in all aspects of financial and commercial guidance of the school
- In a team with the Commercial Director: running the finance- and control systems for a Non-Profit organization
- Develop, interpret and optimize Key Performance Indicators (qualitative & quantitative), such as results, cost and cash-flow in monthly reports
- Create, control & maintain the budget and forecast processes in close alignment with all stakeholders
- Implement in team with others new strategies to guide, market and communicate the school’s offer
- Take over projects to improve the school and support the efficiency of the schools team work, processes and cost
- Communication and reconciliation with public institutions together with the LIS finance team regarding the schools matters (statistics, accounting etc.)
- Take over and assist in accounting tasks from time to time and in case needed
You should have:
- A well-developed self-confidence to challenge situations and to change things for the better
- A structured and self-dependent working style
- Strong communication and intercultural skills
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Taxation/Audit, Controlling and/or Business Administration or comparable education
- Qualified beginners as well as experienced professionals are equally welcome
- Understanding of complex implications and strong analytical and market knowledge
- Professional working experience with MS Office products and ERP/Accounting systems (especially knowledge of DATEV is preferred)
- Fluency in English and German
What we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging job
- A friendly and welcoming team environment
- A family friendly company
- The opportunity to be part of our school community and international life in Leipzig
- 30 days of vacation
The LIS strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our online application tool.
Back to list