Kindergarten Art Educator / Floater (m/f/d) (20LE003)
"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED"
Job Start: 01 August 2020
Location: Leipzig International Kindergarten, Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time or part-time contract (30 to 40 hours per week), initially time-limited for two years
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten). Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 270 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day early education programme, which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting.
Are you passionate about art? Are you skilled in guiding and supporting children as they discover and grow their creative and expressionistic abilities? Then this new role is perfect for you!
We are looking for an Educator starting 01 August 2020 who will take on the internal subject Educator role of Art Educator / Floater.
If you are a joyful, expressive and flexible person who loves engaging with children in artistic and crafting activities, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Reporting to the Kindergarten Principal, your responsibilities include the following:
- Lead Nursery and Early Years groups in weekly art activity sessions focused on supporting and promoting their expressive awareness
- Create activities that are play-based, promote children’s self-expression, and foster the children’s love of artistic pursuits
- Develop age-appropriate, child-focused and theme-based activities for the students based on the guidelines, ethos and objectives provided by Saxony’s State Curriculum for Kindergartens (Sächisches Bildungsplan) and the Early Years Foundation Phase
- Liaise with group educators, specialists and teachers to ensure that activities for each group align with each group’s actual theme as well as each individual students’ actual development needs
- Share information about the art activities with group educators, specialists and teachers for inclusion in their regular communication to parents
- Provide feedback to group educators, specialists and teachers about expressive and artistic developments of the students in advance of parent conferences
- Follow EY3 and EY2 assessment procedures and provide report inputs as needed
- Advise group educators, specialists and teachers on further activities they can incorporate into daily life to best support students in their development.
- Take responsibility for the art room and art equipment.
- Organise whole house art events in collaboration with colleagues, children and parents
- Coordinate Kindergarten participation in community events as they relate to art, together with students, colleagues and parents
- Attend regular meetings to collaborate with colleagues; actively participating in level, sectional and whole Kindergarten meetings as well as committee work.
- As a floater, provide flexibility in covering for all colleagues throughout the Kindergarten in order to support colleagues and meet children’s needs
You should be:
- An enthusiastic and active educator, passionate about expressive arts and providing students with opportunities for early art experiences
- Focused on children’s development and meeting children’s needs
- Committed to creating the best possible learning experiences for the children
- Full of ideas, able to take initiative, put plans in place and see them through
- Skilled at leading groups in activities, guiding and motivating students
- Positive, encouraging, flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Able to communicate well and manage your time
- A team player, able to work together with all Kindergarten colleagues
- State-certified as an Educator (staatlich anerkannter Erzieher) or state-certified in Social Work, with additional training in the area of art education or a comparable education
- Passionate about working with students in the area of art education within the subject area of expressive arts
- Experienced in working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
- Fluency in written and verbal English and German
What we offer as a basis for this role:
- All conditions of an Educator contract, including 30 days holiday
- Possibilities for either part-time or full-time contract
- Full release from leading a set group, not bound to any one group
- Maximum 16 hours working with children ages 12 months – 6 years, supporting them as they explore the expressive and artistic medium of art
- All further hours working as a whole house floater with children, providing internal cover and supports
- A substantial prep time contingency, equivalent to group educators
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- A flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- Excellent resources and a modern purpose-build facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The advert will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our application tool.
"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED"
Back to list