Kindergarten - Assistant Principal for Pastoral (m/f/d) as Leave Cover (20LA001)
Job Start: 01 August 2020
Location: Leipzig International Kindergarten, Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time assistant principal contract (40 hours per week), time-limited until 14 May 2021
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten). Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 270 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day, year-round, early education programme, which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world?
We are looking for a Kindergarten Assistant Principal for Pastoral, with strong educational leadership, social work and management abilities to work together with outstanding educational professionals.
At Leipzig International Kindergarten (LIK), our goal is to support our children as they grow and develop into their future selves. By providing them with high-quality learning opportunities, we enable them to express their innate joy of discovery and learning as they develop. If you are a strong leader who loves interacting with children and adults alike, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Together with colleagues and members of the kindergarten leadership team, develop LIK´s best pastoral practices, such as the creation and/or implementation of: behaviour policy, child and welfare protection policies, healthy development guidelines, and support systems for struggling children and families.
- Support families as they transition into LIK, particularly during the settling-in phase.
- Together with LIK colleagues and parents, effectively address any concerns related to a child´s individual development trajectory.
- Work with LIK colleagues and Student Support Services departmental consultants to identify and implement supports, accommodations and strategies for students with special needs.
- Support the needs of staff in terms self-care and work-life-balance.
- Maintain visibility and a regular daily presence working alongside staff members, getting to know the development status of each individual child.
- Actively participate in weekly kindergarten leadership team meetings and contribute to the coordination of all LIK´s strategic developmental efforts.
- Co-lead team development processes throughout the Kindergarten.
- Plan, organize and facilitate meetings, committees and professional development units as needed.
- Stay abreast of and knowledgeable of all Kindergarten developments and organizational systems, able to cover for other assistant principals and principal.
- Represent our work to the public and interested families.
- Bachelor or Master level degree in related subject areas: Social Work, Social Pedagogy, or comparable education
- Fluency in written and verbal English and German
Your profile includes:
- A compelling leadership ethos
- A keen understanding of child development in general and personal, social, emotional, and physical development in particular as outlined by both the Sächische Bildungsplan and the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- In-depth knowledge of local and international social work practices
- Ability to work independently, with partners and within teams
- Enthusiasm and strong personal commitment to your job
- An international mindset and experiences working both abroad and within Germany
- A structured and organized working style, with excellent time-management skills
- Highly flexible, efficient and effective in a quick and fast-paced working environment
- Strong communication, reflection and feedback skills
- Willing to challenge situations and to change things for the better
What we offer:
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop best teaching and learning practices
- An administrative contract
- 30 days of vacation
- A modern setting with excellent resources
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A work environment that effectively supports the needs of colleagues and students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The advert will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our application tool.
Back to list