"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED"
Job Start: 15 January until 29 February 2020
Location: Leipzig International Kindergarten, Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 270 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day, year-round, early education programme, which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world?
We are looking for an early childhood educator, to work with children from 12 months up to 6 years of age.
If you are a joyful, flexible person who loves interacting with children and providing them with a stimulating and nurturing environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Collaborating with partners and team members to deliver a strong programme based on learning through play, active learning and critical thinking
- Developing age-appropriate, child-focused and theme-based activities based on the guidelines, ethos and objectives provided by Saxony’s State Curriculum for Kindergarten (Sächsischer Bildungsplan) and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Looking for opportunities to promote development that fosters the children’s love of learning, curiosity, creativity and independence
- Providing stimulating and empowering environments for children to discover and explore
- Supporting, guiding and participating in children’s play
- Communicating with parents and colleagues about children in your care
- Using assessment tools for development and learning in order to focus on children’s progress and plan their next steps
- Working with a team of colleagues to continuously improve the overall quality of care, education and learning at Leipzig International Kindergarten
- Supporting the children with life skills, including dressing, toileting, and independent eating
- Participating in weekly planning meetings and professional development opportunities
Your profile includes:
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Strong collaboration and team work skills
- Enthusiasm and personal commitment to your job
- Strong communication and time management skills
- International and growth mindsets
- Experience abroad is an advantage
- Bachelor or Master level degrees in related subject areas: child care, early childhood education, social work, social pedagogy or a qualification as a state-approved Educator (staatlich anerkannter Erzieher) or a comparable education
- Fluency in written and verbal English or German, with basic understanding in the other
What we offer:
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good education and learning practices
- The ability to diversify your educator profile as either a nursery group educator, an early year’s educator, or a floater
- A substantial preparation time contingency
- 30 days of paid vacation
- A flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- Excellent resources and a modern purpose-build facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please only apply via our online application tool.
"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED"