Secondary School Counsellor / Social Pedagogue (m/f/d) (20SA001)
"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED"
Job Start: 01 August 2020 or earlier
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full time, initially time limited contract of employment for two year, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Our Secondary School offers a high-quality education programme for around 380 young people aged 11 to 18. It supports each student’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an internationally oriented context. In the Secondary School, the students follow the Cambridge 1 curriculum in Grades 6-8, the IGCSE curriculum in Grades 9-10 and the IBDP in Grades 11-12, providing a consistent and robust curriculum, which appropriately challenges the students.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Counsellor / Social Pedagogue starting on 01 August 2020 or earlier who will join the Student Support Services Team to take care of our Secondary School students from Grades 6 to 12.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing individual and group services to meet the developmental, social and emotional needs of our students by advising, supporting and encouraging them
- Working together with the students to enhance student resourcefulness, productivity, competencies and interpersonal, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
- Strengthening students' own unique capabilities while guiding them as they discover and develop interests and abilities
- Assisting students in meeting their personal potential while meeting the high standards set by Leipzig International School
- Providing interventions for students to maximise their learning and support them, as they adjust to new situations
- Developing and managing Individualised Educational Plans for students
- Collaborating with class teachers and other Student Support Services members on an ongoing basis
You should be:
- An enthusiastic, caring and inspiring professional
- Committed to promoting the wellbeing of our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to relate to young people
- Willing to support and implement existing programmes and practices
- Keen to continue to develop good practice which is suited to our needs and setting
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- A team player, who is willing to work alongside and support colleagues
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in Counselling / Social Education / Social Pedagogy or a relevant equivalent
- Experience in counselling young people would be desirable
- Experience of working in a diverse school community
- Highly proficient English (and some level of German would be useful)
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- The opportunity to be part of the next stage of development of our Secondary School
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please only apply via our online application tool.
"THE POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED"
Back to list