Kindergarten - On the Job Trainee for state recognized Educator (m/f/d) / Berufsbegleitende Ausbildung zum staatliche anerkannte Erzieher (m/w/d) (20LTR001)
Job Start: 01 August 2020
Location: Leipzig International Kindergarten, Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Initial 1 year full-time trainee contract (60% practice and 40% schooling). In second year option to extend to a part-time Social Assistant contract while continuing the training.
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten). Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 270 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day, year-round, early education programme, which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world?
If you are a joyful, flexible person who loves interacting with children and providing them with a stimulating and nurturing environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities for 60% practical working time will be:
- Collaborating with partners and team members to deliver a strong programme based on learning through play, active learning and critical thinking
- Developing age-appropriate, child-focused and theme-based activities based on the guidelines, ethos and objectives provided by Saxony’s State Curriculum for Kindergarten (Sächsischer Bildungsplan) and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Looking for opportunities to promote development that fosters the children’s love of learning, curiosity, creativity and independence
- Providing stimulating and empowering environments for children to discover and explore
- Observing, supporting, guiding and participating in children’s play
- Communicating with parents and colleagues about children in your care
- Using assessment tools for development and learning in order to focus on children’s progress and plan their next steps
- Working with a team of colleagues to continuously improve the overall quality of care, education and learning at Leipzig International Kindergarten
- Supporting the children with life skills, including dressing, toileting, and independent eating
- Participating in weekly planning as well as monthly meetings and additional professional development opportunities
For 40% of your contract, you will attend courses to complete your Educator training. The completion is expected after 3 years.
Your profile includes:
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Strong collaboration and team work skills
- Enthusiasm and personal commitment to your job
- Strong communication and time management skills
- International and growth mindsets
- Experience abroad is an advantage
- State-approved Social Assistant (staatlich anerkannte/r Sozialassistent/in), or a comparable education / experience
- Fluency in written and verbal English or German, with basic understanding in the other
What we offer:
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good education and learning practices
- The ability to diversify your educator profile as either a nursery group educator, an early year’s educator, or a floater
- A substantial preparation time contingency
- 30 days annual paid vacation (based on 5-day working week)
- A flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- Excellent resources and a modern purpose-build facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The advert will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our application tool.
Back to list