Kindergarten Educator (m/f/d) (20LE004)
Job Start: 01 August 2020 or earlier
Location: Leipzig International Kindergarten, Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time contract or part-time contract (30 to 40 hours per week), initially time-limited for two years
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery through Grade 12. It provides a high quality, international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds, thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Our school community comprises of more than 190 staff members from all over the world, working together to deliver a stimulating and exciting learning experience to our students. Our families come from over 50 different countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Kindergarten).
Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 270 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day early education programme. We are fortunate to be working in an attractive, purpose-built facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world?
We are looking for 4-5 early childhood educators (m/f/d), flexible to work with children ages from 12 months up to 6 years.
At Leipzig International Kindergarten, our goal is to support our children as they grow and develop into their future selves. By providing them with high-quality learning opportunities, we enable them to express their innate joy of discovery and learning as they develop physically, socially, emotionally and academically. If you are a joyful, flexible person who loves interacting with children and providing them with a stimulating and nurturing environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Collaborating with partners and team members to deliver a strong programme based on learning through play, active learning and critical thinking
- Developing age-appropriate, child-focused and theme-based activities based on the guidelines, ethos and objectives provided by Saxony’s State Curriculum for Kindergarten (Sächsischer Bildungsplan) and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Looking for opportunities to promote development that fosters the children’s love of learning, curiosity, creativity and independence
- Providing stimulating and empowering environments for children to discover and explore
- Observing, supporting, guiding and participating in children’s play
- Communicating with parents and colleagues about children in your care
- Using assessment tools for development and learning to focus on children’s progress and plan their next steps
- Working with a team of colleagues to continuously improve the overall quality of care, education and learning at Leipzig International Kindergarten
- Supporting the children with life skills, including dressing, toileting, and independent eating
- Participating in weekly and monthly planning meetings and other professional development opportunities
Your profile includes:
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Strong collaboration and team work skills
- Enthusiasm and personal commitment to your job
- Strong communication and time management skills
- International and growth mindset
- Experience abroad is an advantage
- Bachelor or Master level degrees in related subject areas: child care, early childhood education, social work, social pedagogy or a qualification as a state-approved Educator (staatlich anerkannter Erzieher) or a comparable education
- Fluency in written and verbal English and German, with basic understanding in the other
What we offer:
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good education and learning practices
- The ability to diversify your educator profile as either a nursery group educator, an early year’s educator, or a floater
- A substantial preparation time contingency
- 30 days of paid vacation
- A flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- Excellent resources and a modern purpose-build facility that hosts a wide range of indoor classrooms and play spaces as well as a spacious, landscaped outdoor learning environment
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The Leipzig International School strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The advert will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our application tool.
Back to list