Inhouse Support Staff (m/f/d) as "kurzfristige Beschäftigung" (20LA006)
Job Start: at your earliest convenience
Location: Leipzig International Kindergarten, Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: "Kurzfristige Beschäftigung"
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten). Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened in June 2014, provides over 270 children aged 1 to 6 with a full-day, year-round, early education programme, which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting.
Leipzig International Kindergarten is currently looking for short-term inhouse support staff to assist with supervision, security and logistical efforts in meeting the demands of the coronavirus crisis management.
You would join our “support pool”. When we at LIK are in need of support both on child and in operations, we will call in members of the pool to help us in a pinch.
If you are flexible, able to quickly adjust to new situations and tasks, and would like to support the LIK community, please consider applying.
Your tasks and responsibilities might include:
- Work together with a LIK colleague under their direct supervision to guide the children through the day
- Assist educators as they structure the children´s daily routines
- Support the children with dressing, toileting, and eating
- Help in the kitchen to prepare and empty the food service carts each day
- Provide facility security and help with traffic flows within the house and at the main gate, especially during drop off and pick up times
- Provide sign-out services
Your profile includes:
- The ability to quickly and calmly assess situations, process information and act accordingly
- Flexibility and able to jump in quickly to different situations
- Willingness to work with children of all ages between 12 months and 6 years old
- A team-player, able to get on easily with others
- Flexible and open to taking on all tasks as needed
- Personally committed to your tasks
- Confidential at all times
- Ideally an educational or social work background, but not required
- Experience in working professionally with young children is ideal
- Experience in organizational and logistical work is helpful
- Able to converse, read and write fluently in German and English is a plus
What we offer:
- A time-limited minijob contract ("Kurzfristige Beschäftigung") with no upper limit on amount of hours worked or earnings
- On call work, and payment only for hours worked
- A safe environment under strict hygiene regulations as set by the Sächsische Staatsministerium
- A multicultural community and a dynamic and diverse workplace
- Please note: A minijob contract does not offer insurance, so it is important that applicants are independently insured
LIS strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
Please apply only via our online application tool.
Back to list