Secondary Teacher of German - First Language (m/f/d) (21ST017) - leave cover
Job Start: 01 August 2021
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: 70%, time-limited contract as leave cover until 31 July 2022 (extension of leave cover may be possible)
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a Secondary School Teacher of German (m/f/d) as of 01 August 2021 to join our Secondary School German department and to teach German across the school.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaboratively plan, deliver and assess work for your classes in parallel with other department members
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to see how the subject you are teaching them will help them become citizens of the world who can make a difference
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their understanding and develop their higher order thinking skills through the subject you are teaching them
- Contribute to the work of the German department and the Secondary School as a whole
- Be part of the Secondary School initiative to develop teaching and learning in all subjects and classrooms
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- An enthusiastic and inspiring classroom practitioner
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- Native speaker in German
- A degree in German Language or Literature
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Teaching experience in a group setting with children of secondary school age would be an advantage
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
What we offer:
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring work environment
- The opportunity to further develop curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning in the school
- A modern workplace
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The LIS strives for equal distribution of gender as well as for diversity.
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our online application tool.
Back to list