We encourage parents to help develop activities in the LIS community. Whether you have a lot of spare time or a little, your input is important. In order to develop ideas we need your suggestions, experience and participation. Parents can respond by filling in the volunteer form and sending it to the Marketing Manager.
It is not hard to find educational research verifying that parental involvement is a critical factor in a child's educational success. A positive home-school relationship benefits children and their families - Parental presence at school is welcomed here.
Parent volunteers in the classroom can make a number of valuable contributions, including:
- reading with small groups or individual students (building up reading circles)
- working with children on special projects
- tutoring in science, languages or IT
- assisting children with homework
- helping with preparations for activity
- publishing and putting together student books
- helping with special art projects or student talent shows
- organising games of softball, football, volleyball, basketball
- helping with the organisation of events like the summer fair, International day, dads club, family sports day
At the beginning of each school year two or more homeroom parents are elected in each class to liaison between the homeroom teachers / form tutors and students' families. The room parents of each section then elect one or more section representatives amongst them for the school year to liaison between the home room parents and the school Principal.