Job Start: 01 March 2017 or shortly thereafter
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Established in 1992, Leipzig International School is a charitable organisation which runs a school with currently 850 children from over 60 countries, and 185 teaching and administrative staff. The school has grown and developed significantly, now operates at two locations: an International Kindergarten and the Primary/Secondary School campus. The language of instruction is English.
The legal form of the school is soon to become a charitable limited company (gGmbH) whose shares will be owned by a charitable foundation (Stiftung).
Currently we are looking for a Commercial Director (m/f).
The objective of this challenging, diverse and strategic position is the smooth run of the operational side of our school and as a consequence thereof of the everyday school life. As Commercial Director of our school you will lead your own team of 7/8 people and assume responsibility for non-educational functions, to include accounting, controlling, finance, IT, facility management, building projects, public relations/marketing, as well as tax and legal affairs. This includes dealing with public authorities in relation to compliance and to statutory grants, with auditors and tax authorities, and with service suppliers. In addition you will be responsible for the financial well-being of the school by developing and controlling the budget including the Five-Year-Plan to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
You will be a member of the school management team and collaborate with the Head of School in performing all tasks necessary to achieve our mission.
- Relevant professional degree in Finance, Business, Marketing or in a related field
- Proven success in developing budgets and forecasts and controlling the adherence
- Significant experience in a similar position and working with German authorities and regulations
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the specific features of a not-for-profit organisation
- Competent leader able to provide guidance
- Commitment to our educational goals, and enthusiasm to support our teachers and learners in an international context
- Initiative and promoting process improvement
- Very good organisational skills and the ability to deal with complexity
- Very good knowledge of both English and German
- Excellent communication skills
You will take on a challenging, exciting and responsible task and work with a committed and highly motivated team within a school in an international environment.
If this opportunity interests you, please apply by pressing the button below this advertisement, quoting your earliest availability and desired salary. More information about us and the required application documents is available on our website under ‘About LIS’ – ‘Job Opportunities’.