Job Start: 01 February 2019
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: full time (40 hours), initially time limited contract of employment for two years, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds, thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children, whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our After School Programme (Hort) provides students with opportunities beyond the regular school day. Educators in Hort focus on children’s social, behavioral, physical and emotional learning during open Hort hours, in the classrooms, and during school holidays. We place value on the interaction between the child and the adult within our learning environments to promote independence, confidence and initiative-taking in children. The conceptual background of our work is informed by the International Primary Curriculum and Saxony’s Learning Curriculum (Bildungsplan) for children.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking an Educator to join our dynamic Hort Team starting 01 February 2019.
Be part of Primary’s laboratory of learning, known as Hort!
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Educate and care for children in Grades 1 - 5 during core Hort times and breaks
- Build a concept-based, stimulating learning environment together with your colleagues
- Work together with your colleagues to plan, co-lead and evaluate projects and programmes
- Interact with children, providing guidance, dialogue, and opportunities for thought, action and reflection
- Observe and document the learning taking place in both structured and non-structured learning environments
- Collaborate closely with classroom teachers, providing assistance and support for students during class
- Engage with your colleagues in conceptual work leading into a larger Hort concept
You should be:
- A flexible, open-minded and reflective team player
- Skilled at communication, able to connect with many different people on a daily basis
- Optimistic, cheerful and solution-oriented
- Creative and able to take initiative and follow ideas through together with your colleagues
- A caring, kind and empathic professional, putting the needs and interests of children first
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, variable and open environment
- Bachelor or Master level degrees in related subject areas: child care, early childhood education, social work or social pedagogy, state-approved educator (Staatlich anerkannter Erzieher) or comparable education
- Very good English language abilities - able to communicate in English with children and colleagues throughout the day
- Experience abroad is an advantage
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- 30 days of vacation
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply only via our online application tool.