Job Start: 01 January 2019 or later
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time (40 hours per week), initially time-limited contract of employment for two years
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Would you like to be part of an international team, where education is about learning to become a citizen of the world? For an earliest possible start, we are looking for a Director of Admissions.
Be our first point of contact for families, the voice of the school!
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Respond to all inquiries about the school, its educational programme its admission requirements
- Cultivate relationships with local employers for whom LIS is an important factor in recruiting international families to Leipzig
- Coordinate admission, enrolment and re-enrolment procedures as well as de-enrolment of leaving students
- Meet prospective families and provide tours of the school, coordinate visits and trial days in class sections
- Assist and advise families through the admission, enrolment or re-enrolment process including information to and leasing with public agencies as necessary.
- Act as a focal point for the submission of all documents to parents until their start at school
- Ensure that families all the information required for a smooth start and that principals have all the relevant information about the new student
- Prepare intake decisions for school management in accord with seasonal admissions work
- Liaise with the parent community coordinator who will take over the care of new families to LIS community after their arrival at school
- Remain informed about the school programme and day to day school issues (for example, by attending whole school meetings, parent evenings)
- Prepare and coordinate open days of the school
- Represent the school at external fairs and events
- Process all incoming online application forms and import data into electronic student data base respectively
- Maintain all electronic student and parent data, prospective and enrolled
- Ensure that all legal requirements on student files are met
- Provide regular application and enrolment reports to the school management
- Experience in admissions, international public relations or a related field
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field
- Successful international experience or multicultural work
- Fluent in written and spoken English and German (additional languages are highly appreciated)
- A dynamic and challenging job in the beautiful city of Leipzig
- A professional and an international work environment
- A modern workplace with excellent resources
- The opportunity to be part of our school community and international life in Leipzig
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please only apply via our online application tool and state your expected yearly gross salary.