Job Start: 01 April 2019 or later
Location: Karl-Heine-Str. 95, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time (40 hours per week), initially time-limited contract of employment for two years
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our Leipzig International Kindergarten, opened June 2014, hosts a full day early education programme for over 270 children aged 1 to 6. It supports each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an internationally oriented context. Its Principal will play a leading role in the further development of this vital section of the school. He or she will help us combine, within the guidelines of the state of Saxony, the best of German and international practice for a clientele that is itself both German and international.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we look forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a Kindergarten Principal (m/f/d) starting as of 01 April 2019 to lead the development of our Leipzig International Kindergarten.
As Kindergarten Principal you will be responsible for the Leipzig International Kindergarten and overseeing the child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting whilst also promoting an environment where all students feel safe, secure and valued. In addition, you will be a member of the Whole School Management Team (MT), Kindergarten Management Team (KMT) and Primary School Leadership Team (PSLT) and share responsibility for the school as a whole.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Management and daily organisation of Leipzig International Kindergarten systems and routines, both for children and parents
- Leadership of a staff of 49 colleagues in close cooperation with the Assistant Principal, including performance management, team development and staff planning and scheduling
- Collaboration with school leadership, colleagues and parents
- Lead the strategic development of Leipzig International Kindergarten and school development planning, including the facilitation of the accreditation process.
- Supervision of a curriculum based on thorough planning in accordance with the Curriculum for Saxony (Sächsischen Bildungsplan)
- Plan and develop the Early Years curriculum (in liaison with the Assistant Principal (Academic) and Primary School Principal).
- Maintain a personal, up-to-date knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and best practice methods from around the world.
- Represent our pedagogical work to the public and to interested families
- Cooperation with authorities and service providers
- Bachelor or Master level degree in related subject areas: Early Childhood Education, Child Care, Social Work or Social Pedagogy or comparable education
- Strong management skills and leadership experience
- Structured and self-dependent working style
- The ability to challenge situations and to change things for the better
- Strong communication and intercultural skills
- Fluency in the English and German language
What working at LIS is about:
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- An international team and work environment
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- Company pension scheme
- 30 days of vacation
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please only apply via our online application tool.