The aim of the week is to celebrate our love of reading. This is complemented by some whole-school projects to help us promote our connections across grades:
Leipzig International Kindergarten:
- We love books! Every child at LIK gets a chance to present his or her favourite book in class and we will draw a picture or make a poster of our favourite book.
- We will be visiting our library and talk about different books and characters.
- Parents are very welcome to come in and read their favourite family book in their native tongue. We would love to have as many parents as possible sharing in this celebration of reading and will try our best to accommodate your timetable.
Tuesday 13 March:
- EY1 and EY2 children will be welcoming illustrators and book authors of the book „Schnatter und Lieschen“ and will be taking part in this wonderful book reading event. Please see the website for further information: www.schnatterundlieschen.de
Tuesday 13 March:
- Sara Hirsch, a Spoken Word Educator will be visiting and presenting in an assembly as well as conducting workshops with smaller groups. Please see her website for further information: http://www.sarahirsch.co.uk/
Friday 16 March:
- We will be welcoming illustrator and book author Kęstutis Kasparavičius. However, as time is limited, this will be with a smaller group of children.
Second-hand Book Sale:
- We will be hosting a second hand-book sale during that week. Students will be able to bring some pocket money and buy a book during their library time - most will be around 10c -20c. We are asking for donations to this sale of any books that you are no longer reading. You can drop these off with your class teacher or at the library at any point before book week starts. Proceeds will be donated to a charity which is yet to be decided.
- This year we have decided to use the week to create book-themed costumes within our classes; so no need for additional costume preparation.